2020 Reedin Kites Supermodel
inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
- Artikel-Nr.: R87193270534.2
Super model --- sizes: 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,14
-Imagine: A kite that lets you decide how you want to ride
The Super model is designed with the simple observation that whether you’re new to kiteboarding or aspire to ride as hard as Kevin Langeree, you need an intuitive and easy kite that lets you focus on your riding while taking you to the next level.
It Targets riders, that want to have fun in any conditions doing all types of riding.
Unique features that matter:
- Super stiff brildes: bridles are using pure dyneema lines weaved at low angle de and prestretched to the highest standard for virtually no stretch over time: this translates into a kite that reacts quicker to bar input and that will keep its characteristics over time.
- High pressure rated: New and exclusive to Reedin, the Leading closure seam has been developed with our exclusive super strength thread to make a virtually un-breakable Leading edge. The kite can be pumped to 10-12 psi with confidence in order for you to ride the exact design that was designed thanks to minimal deformation in the air. This allows us to design a kite with a small Leading edge diameter for lower drag, better turning and overall higher performance.
- CNC sewing: Manufacturing quality has been a huge part of the process to develop the Reedin kites, in order to ensure the best quality possible, a lot of pieces on the kite are stitched using CNC sewing machine.
- Super segmented Wingtip: The wing tip area is a key element of how a kite turns and engages the turns. Added segments in this area allow for the perfect shape definition of the wingtip. The super segmented wing tip provides the smoothest turning engagement of any kite for maximum efficiency of your steering power. Giving you extremely precise, fast, yet intuitive turning
- High Density Triple Rip Stop Canopy Made by Teijin: The high density of Yarn per square meter makes this canopy one of the stiffest and strongest on the market for the most reactive and best performing kite.
Kevin’s words: The Super Model feels literally like an extension of my body, it is so easy and intuitive that I can focus 100% on my riding knowing that the kite will simply do exactly what I need!
I know it will never drop me out of the sky, it will always finish my kiteloops and the steering is so predictable that even if I’m upside down in a massive jump I can always feel where I am. By far the most reliable, easy, fun and intuitive kite I have ever got to ride.
When riding a wave, the super model delivers great stability, fast turning, nice drifting and perfect power distribution.
Damien’s words: The super model is the culmination of years of kite design with the addition of a whole new computer simulation and countless hours of design, testing and fine tuning all details with our production facility. The result is a kite that totally exceeded our expectations.
It is designed with a unique profile, that was developed using our new exclusive computer simulation. The goal was to ensure maximum performance with the greatest forgiveness, making sure that you would get virtually no front of back stall ever.
It results in a kite that is always flying forward, helping you get upwind, being more responsive to bar input and overall be extremely forgiving to steering mistakes. The new profile is also proving very beneficial for advanced riders when sending big jumps and loops to make sure the kite will always support them. When waveriding this profile provides perfectly controlled depower for the most fluid top turns ever.
But the Super model is not only unique because of it’s profile.
One key feature of a kite is its ability to engage turns and the amount of pull it generates when turning; the faster the kite responds to bar input, the more initial lift you will get out of a jump, the better you’ll position your kite while riding a wave, the easier you’ll correct a steering mistake, the easier you’ll water start.
In order to have the nicest turn engagement possible and the most constant pull while turning, the Super Model’s Wingtip has been designed to provide the ideal combination between the lowest drag possible and the best transfer of steering input into the entire structure of the kite for the most efficient turns possible.
Two important components are merged in the Super Model’s wing tip. The relatively square shape together with the slight “break in the Leading Edge’s curve” allows for quick response to bar input by decoupling the Wing tip from the rest of the LE. When you pull on one side of your bar it allows for the wing tip to very quickly react and engage the turn. Once the turn is started the swept shape minimize drag allowing the kite to finish every turn and provide that constant pull. This advanced wing tip shape uses our Super Segmented Wing Tip design providing perfect definition of the shape in 3 dimensions to control both the arc and profile to perfection.
The Super Model’s number one characteristics is being versatile, we then went over every aspects of Kitesurfing when testing and designing. One key element that we carefully tested with some of the very best kite waverider in the world is the ability to drift. The Wing tip shape and overall balance of the kite was then adjusted to excel in that area. The relatively square wing tip, provides just enough drag in order to please these riders that like to park their kite and focus on their wave riding, while the quick turn engagement will please the ones that like to steer their kite back and forth when riding a wave
The bigger sizes have been carefully fine-tuned and designed in order to allow the kite to better twist and indeed turn faster, as we all know that the correct turning speed for a big kite is simply: faster!
Bridles design is a major component of a kite. In order to properly fly, a kite must be as balanced as possible at any angle of attack. Technically, you want the center of effort (the virtual point where all lifting forces created by the wind flying thru the kite would add up) and the tow point, the other virtual point where the sum of you bridles add up and pull the kite towards you thru the flying line) to line up perfectly.
To reach perfection we mixed the advantage of computer designed bridle with on the water testing in order to fine tune each and every size to reach that absolute perfect balance
-Light weight bag
-Turns into a changing mat.
-Use the wrapping strap to either carry your board, connect multiple bags at once or simply compress your bag.
-Padded shoulder straps.